Ventilation Integrated Tomography (VIT) is the world's first fully integrated system in an intensive care ventilator. The non-invasive pulmonary monitoring of the db 8000 visualizes for the first time ventilation-related complications and allows for direct therapy at the intensive care ventilator.
As a result, ventilation becomes transparent as well as directly controllable. The introduction of this innovative technology marks a new chapter in intensive care ventilation.
The combination of measured values from the intensive care ventilator with the results of electrical impedance tomography:
- reduces intra-hospital transports of critically ill ventilated patients
- objectivizes ventilation settings and allows for adjusting them under visual control
- helps identify and reduce ventilation-related complications
- allows for managing prone positioning therapy with pulmonary monitoring to optimize ventilation
- identifies and prevents pulmonary collapse associated with the respiratory cycle
- provides data to analyze regional compliance
- helps detect overdistension, which can be counteracted by changing the ventilation settings
- offers real-time adjustment options for optimal PEEP